Focal Point
Distribute report via e-mail

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4581019502

January 08, 2007, 05:38 AM
Bhagya
Distribute report via e-mail
I tried to send my reports as an attachment via e-mail, but I am facing the following problems

1. Drill down is not working – when I open my report I get my first page, but when I try to drill down from page 1 to page 2, the drill down is not functioning. That is it is not even opening the page 2 , even though I get a hand symbol at the page1.

2. Graph not displaying – I have a simple report which has a pie chart, when I tried opening it , I am not getting the graph at all, I only get the Graph Header and the Graph Footer in consecutive lines,
I don’t even get a cross symbol ( we get this in report caster when our graph is not loaded properly in report caster)

Any ideas as to why this is happening

Regards,
Bhagya
January 08, 2007, 05:59 AM
Tony A
Bhagya,

Ask your company for a course on HTML and pay specific attention to the parts about URLs!
January 09, 2007, 01:22 AM
susannah
Bh..
repeat this mantra: 'OutLook is NOT a Browser'
OutLook needs to be told the full URL of the webfocus engine
so, either:
in your fex
SET FOCEXURL=HTTP://servername/ibi_apps/WFServlet
or
put this one line into a standalone fex and make it one of the two pre-processing conditions in caster.
If you save your graf as a gif, then specify the full url of that image in your fex so that LookOut can find it.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID
January 12, 2007, 06:11 AM
Bhagya
Thanks for the replies. I have started to read on HTML and URLs.
January 15, 2007, 02:08 PM
David Hall
You did not specify which products you are trying to use.

It is possible to create a drill down report mail it.

One simple way is to create the original report as a PDF report.

within the PDF report, could be drill downs that once they are opend, will open either
another PDF report, or an HTML report.

Not only can this be done, but if you have Reportcaster, this whole thing can be scheduled.

The key to making this work is making sure the the drilldown links on the original report are fully qualified and also that all the Parameters that are needed for the drill down are passed correctly.

Generally this works well with Self-Service applications.