Focal Point
[SOLVED] How to send e-mail with zipped attached file from UNIX using Report Caster?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/458108812

August 24, 2009, 08:57 AM
Sergey
[SOLVED] How to send e-mail with zipped attached file from UNIX using Report Caster?
There is a need to create a process which will do the following steps:
1.Create a PDF file on Mainframe (Batch) FOCUS Environment;
2.FTP the PDF file from the Mainframe to the UNIX;
3.Distribute the PDF file form the UNIX as a zipped e-mail attachment using the Report Caster 7.1.6.

Everything works grate with one exception – I can not make ZIP option of the Report Caster works for me. The PDF file is not readable after it is unzipped because records inside of the file are not properly aligned.
If I do not select the ZIP option, the PDF file is delivered via e-mail as an attachment with no problem.

Did somebody have any experience of using the Report Caster to send zipped file from UNIX as e-mail attachment?

Please HELP!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
August 25, 2009, 12:06 PM
PBrightwell
If you are using Report Caster to execute the fex, you should be able to zip and email without going through your UNIX server. Otherwise, I would recommend that you talk to your UNIX admin and do this as a UNIX script. Be sure to do the FTP to the UNIX server with BIN option.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes
August 25, 2009, 01:14 PM
Sergey
PBrightwell,
I am not using Report Caster to execute the fex. Basically, I am thinking to utilize the Report Caster as a distribution facility only.

But anyway thanks for the reply.

The problem was solved – it was ‘CLRF’ in the UNIX file after FTP. I had to edit file on the Mainframe environment before FTP it to UNIX and, in addition, default FTP controls also needed to be changed. If somebody wants to know how it was done, let me know and I will post details.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sergey,