Focal Point
[CLOSED] Export entire HTML Layout to PDF

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4591070703

November 14, 2008, 03:40 PM
<Meghan>
[CLOSED] Export entire HTML Layout to PDF
I have 3 referenced fexes in an HTML layout page. Each of these fexes has variables that a user can select (i.e. drop down boxes on the HTML layout change the date displayed in the fexes). What I want to add is a push button that exports the entire HTML page (as they see it on their screen) to a PDF so they can print the page.

I understand that I can put the &WFFMT variable in all of my fexes but that changes them individually. What I really want is something LIKE the &WFFMT variable but for my HTML layout page.

Any ideas?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
November 14, 2008, 04:03 PM
Darin Lee
WF does not provide functionality for anything like this. One idea that may work involves a free third-party tool called PDFCreator from Sourceforge that just acts like a printer driver. You would use the print function from the browser, select PDFCreator as the printer and then it saves whatever would have normally printed to a printer as a PDF document with user-specified name and location. I don't have the specific URL, but you can find PDFCreator using Google.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat