Focal Point
Removing $ masking behaviour

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4601090982

June 24, 2008, 10:13 AM
dcj
Removing $ masking behaviour
Hello everyone,

We have a lot of parameterized html pages that contain listboxes of codes (Service, Discount, Package Etc..) The codes can be setup using any combination of enterable keyboard characters like the dollar ($) sign. I have realized that having a dollar sign in the WHERE clause causes the dollar sign in the generated SQL to be masked.

For example code 3$: The SQL statment would be WHERE SERV_CDE LIKE '3_ ' instead of WHERE SERV_CDE = '3$' I now understand why this occurs and the other masking behaviours using $ and * together. We use the IF logic with EXACTLY to get around it but, it would be simpler if we could turn off the masking behaviour with some type of configuration setting similar to HTMLENCODE.

I was wandering if there is a setting to turn off the masking behavour associated with the $ sign?

Thanks
David

wf: 7.6.4
App. and reporting server: UNIX/AIX 5.3
June 24, 2008, 10:19 AM
Tom Flynn
No, there is not.

Use CTRAN and convert the $ to %

Tom

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe
June 24, 2008, 10:28 AM
Francis Mariani
David, coding the WHERE statements like this may work:

WHERE SERV_CDE GE '3$' AND SERV_CDE LE '3$'

The generated SQL will look something like this:

WHERE (T1."SERV_CDE" BETWEEN '3$' AND '3$');

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
June 24, 2008, 10:55 AM
dcj
Thanks Tom and Frances for your responses, I didn't know if there was a setting to turn it off/on, but I'll try your ideas and see what happens.

David

wf: 7.6.4
App. and reporting server: UNIX/AIX 5.3