Focal Point
[CLOSED] Returning data back to the front end

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4617094206

April 20, 2011, 05:57 PM
prodrigu
[CLOSED] Returning data back to the front end
I was wondering if someone can please help with or point me in the right direction on creating a html screen which allows me to filter on a variety of things and when I click update it passes all my variables to a sql query and then show me on the front end depending what I filter on first tell me how many records in the database and how many records I have after being filter, etc.

Right now I can select a report and site and variety of filters and click submit and my reports comes back fine. I just cant get the update button to work to call a separate fex which will hold the values i need to return to the screen.

If you need to see what the html code looks like just let me know and I will post it.

If you would like to see what my html screen looks like email me and I will send you a screen shot so you have a better idea what I am trying to do.

mikesta1202@yahoo.com

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03: Win 2008 & AIX hub/Servlet Mode; sub: AS/400 JDE; mostly Self Serve; DBs: Oracle, JDE, SQLServer; various output formats
April 25, 2011, 05:48 AM
<JG>
Using an SQL request

SQL
SELECT COUNT (MODEL) FROM CAR;
TABLE
ON TABLE SAVE
END
-RUN
-SET &TOTALROWS = &RECORDS;
SQL
SELECT MODEL FROM CAR
WHERE COUNTRY = 'ENGLAND';
TABLE
ON TABLE HOLD
END
-RUN
-SET &SELECTEDROWS = &RECORDS;
TABLE FILE HOLD
"Selected &SELECTEDROWS from &TOTALROWS"
PRINT MODEL
END
-RUN

Using a FOCUS request

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT MODEL
WHERE TOTAL COUNTRY EQ 'ENGLAND'
ON TABLE HOLD
END
-RUN
-SET &FTOTALROWS = &RECORDS;
-SET &FSELECTEDROWS = &LINES;
TABLE FILE HOLD
"Selected &FSELECTEDROWS from &FTOTALROWS"
PRINT MODEL
END
-RUN
May 03, 2011, 03:35 AM
Ramkumar - Webfous
!IBI Amp Variables... Assign values to such variables in FEX and use them in Javascript or HTML as needed...

This might be one solution for your problem...

I

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows
HTML/PDF/EXCEL/AHTML/XML/HTML5