Focal Point
Dynamic Address in ReportCaster

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4671068331

June 08, 2005, 03:29 PM
k.lane
Dynamic Address in ReportCaster
I've created a procedure that will dynamically generate distribution lists for several caster jobs. However, from the documentation I've seen, I don't have a definitive location as to where on the server this should be located.

Thanks in advance
Ken
June 08, 2005, 05:29 PM
<DocServices>
Hi Ken,

You must code a WebFOCUS procedure (FOCEXEC) that is available to the path of the server defined in either the server profile (edasprof.prf) or the
user's profile.

For more information, please refer to the following topics in the ReportCaster Development and Administration Version 5 Release 3 manual (DN4500592.0904):

I hope this helps.

-Jennifer
June 08, 2005, 09:17 PM
susannah
Ken, page 4.35 for how to create
page 4.66 for how to delete
Reading 4.66 suggests that the place to park it when created is \ibi\reportcaster53\
and perhaps any directory therein that you might care to make. That's how it reads to me.
June 08, 2005, 09:57 PM
k.lane
I'm confused.

I understand that I need to place the procedure out on the server.

I believe the source of my confusion is coming from the location of a pre-execution procedure I used to establish the path. This procedure, apppath.fex, is located in the ibi\srv52\wfs\catalog\ directory. Placing the new procedure in this directory does absolutely nothing for me.

However, when I do a 'Select Server Procedure' from within Reportcaster, I receive the message indicating that the process is "retrieving data from srvdev1".

Hence, am I to assume that I need to now put the procedure on srvdev1 and if so, is there a specific location where it should be stored?
June 08, 2005, 10:35 PM
k.lane
Thanks susannah. I'll give that a go.
June 09, 2005, 03:09 PM
k.lane
susannah,

I tried \ibi\reportcaster53 and that didn't work for me. I'm still lookin'.

Ken