Focal Point
[SOLVED] Display a customized message in the Dashboard banner

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/46910469

April 28, 2009, 02:12 PM
mtguy
[SOLVED] Display a customized message in the Dashboard banner
Hi ,
I need to display a customized message in the dashboard banner , I tried to edit message.html file from the worp folder , i restarted the instance but without any results .
We have webfocus 7.6.1 version installed on unix .
Any idea guys ?!

Regards,
MtGuy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WF 7.6.2 , iWay 5.5 , Sun Unix , Windows XP , .NET , Oracle , SQL Server and more
April 28, 2009, 03:09 PM
Francis Mariani
Look for "Displaying a Welcome Message in the Banner" in the "WebFOCUS Managed Reporting Administrator's Manual". Did you "Click the True option to the right of showBannerUserGreeting in the Settings pane"?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
April 29, 2009, 09:14 AM
dhagen
Do you want to change the custom message in the message.html, or display a message in the banner? Also, where is the custom message coming from? DB, or one time thing?

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott
April 29, 2009, 10:05 AM
mtguy
Hi Guys ,
Thank you for the quick answer . I edited the message.html file and activated message of the day in Dashboard View Builder and now I am able to see the message in the banner .
For changing this message I will try an html include .

Thank you !!
MtGuy

WF 7.6.2 , iWay 5.5 , Sun Unix , Windows XP , .NET , Oracle , SQL Server and more
April 29, 2009, 10:41 AM
dhagen
Use JavaScript ... that will make it easier.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott