Focal Point
Schedule MRE report in ReportCaster

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4721004842

September 24, 2007, 11:37 AM
Kamesh
Schedule MRE report in ReportCaster
Hello,

When I am trying to schedule MRE report in Reportcaster getting the following error when I try to pick the file by clicking the Open File Icon on New Task tab.

"Invalid host name for Managed Reporting"

Anybody faced this issue and know the place to change. Please let me know your suggestions.

Thanks

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat
September 24, 2007, 12:20 PM
dhagen
Go the the MR Info tab of the RC Configuration, and verify that the URL to WFServlet is:
a) correct, and
b) addressable in that format from the distribution server machine.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott
September 24, 2007, 01:43 PM
Sayed
Remember to restart tomcat and distribution server once you make the change.

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE
September 25, 2007, 09:33 AM
Kamesh
Hello Dhagen,

I checked the Reportcaster server configuration and it shows the correct value.

Thanks

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat
September 25, 2007, 10:37 AM
TexasStingray
Kamesh, Is there any type of security on the WebServer (IIS with IWA, etc...) Report Caster is a java application and as such it cannot communicate to the MRE environment in an IWA only environment. Question is this a new error message something has this always been causing a problem?

Scott

Hello TexasStringray,

Yes we do have the security on the webserver (IIS with IWA). This is the first time I am trying to schedule a MRE report. So, this is the first time I am seeing this error.

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat
Kamesh,

I am using IWA myself with realm driver and it's working fine on 762. Did you set Distribution Server Setting to

1- General->security->Authentication Plug-in = Trusted MR Sign-On

2- MR Info->Repository Node = http://ServerName/ibi_apps/WFServlet

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE
Kamesh,

you need to look over the Security Administration Manual. It talks about IWA and if that is the only option you have selected you will need to read what it says to allow report caster to talk to MRE. Because IWA says use my domain login id and do not prompt the user for any info. Well Report Caster is an application and does not login into a domain and does not use IE to connect to the web server. Also if MRE is set up to use the realm driver as noted by Sayed then you will have to setup caster for a trusted connection to MRE. But it sounds like to me that you are not ever getting to the web server at this point. The MRE Realm Drive may or may not be your next wall.

Scott