Focal Point
[CLOSED]Tooltip for headings

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4727027976

December 10, 2015, 08:44 AM
Kartik Katyal
[CLOSED]Tooltip for headings
Please suggest, how to add tooltips for headings.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 8010,8204
Windows
December 10, 2015, 08:45 AM
Tom Flynn
Read the manual...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe
December 10, 2015, 09:00 AM
Kartik Katyal
Is there any URL where I can get the documentation on this?

WebFOCUS 8010,8204
Windows
December 10, 2015, 09:01 AM
Tom Flynn
Click on Technical Library at the top, select your version, very simple...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe
December 16, 2015, 04:35 PM
<Emily McAllister>
Hello Kartik Katyal,

As Tom Flynn said, you can find a lot of information in the Technical Library for WebFOCUS, which you can access through our website here:
Technical Content Library

Select your version of WebFOCUS, and you will be brought to an index of all manuals associated with that release. You can search within these manuals using the bar in the upper left, and specify which manuals you wish to search through using the 'Scope' button.

If you're still having trouble, it would be helpful if you posted more information about what you are trying to do and what you are having difficulty with. For instance, what program are you using to create your procedure? What is the output?

Regards,
Emily McAllister
Focal Point Moderator
February 05, 2016, 06:18 AM
Tony A
Hi Kartik,

As you and I have discussed, a very sensible question as this cannot be found quickly within the manuals. It has been asked and answered before but unless you know the keywords that you need, then you will never find the answer.

To add "basic" tooltips to your column titles on mouseover or hover (akin to the ALT text within HTML tags), you just need to do two (possibly 3) basic things.

Hope this helps you and anyone else searching for this answer as (hopefully) I've introduced enough relevant keywords that will help in a search Smiler

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10