Focal Point
HTML Page in the reporting server

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4741091961

May 24, 2006, 09:15 AM
Karanth
HTML Page in the reporting server
ljd

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Karanth,
May 24, 2006, 09:21 AM
Tony A
Those are iframes and not a frameset. If you want a frameset, then an example is -

<frameset border="0" frameborder="0" framespacing="0" onload="setsize()" rows="*,28">
    <frame name="frame1" scrolling="none" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" src="source1.asp">
    <frame name="frame2" scrolling="none" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" src="source2.asp">
    <noframes>
    <body>
      <table>
        <tr>
          <td align=center valign=middle>
            [b]<u><font color="#0000FF" face="Monotype Corsiva" size="6">
            This page uses frames, but your browser doesn't support them.
            </font></u>[/b]
          </td>
        </tr>
      </table>
    </body>
    </noframes>
  </frameset>

However, to use an iframe tag and populate it with WebFOCUS output (I guess that is what you want to do although you didn't explicitly state that), you would need to addd a SRC attribute of a valid URL to that output.
e.g. src=HTTP://[servername]/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_ex=[fexname]&IBIAPP_app=[appname]&variable1=value..... etc.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tony A,

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
May 24, 2006, 09:25 AM
Karanth
I want to know where the source should be. The source property in the frames tag is a HTML source which resides in the reporting server. if i use that it doesnt seem to locate it.
I need to do everything in the reporting server itself since all i would need to do is posrt the WF stuff into the production environment and the front end application would call this html...
May 24, 2006, 09:31 AM
Tony A
If you want a sample then use the carinst fex in your code -

<iframe id=iframe1 src="http://localhost/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_ex=carinst&IBIAPP_app=baseapp"
style="Z-INDEX: 1; LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 1024px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 0px; HEIGHT: 128px" tabIndex=1
name=iframe1 autoExecute="True" requests_list="0" scrolling =no>

In FOCUS
since 1986
May 24, 2006, 09:34 AM
Tony A
Incidently, you can't do everything on the reporting server (useless it is one and the same as the client server) as you need to go through the WF client server via a web service - IIS, Apache, websphere etc.

In FOCUS
since 1986
May 24, 2006, 09:56 AM
Karanth
Thanks a lot Tony but the problem is that we are not sure where the application woudl reside. So we would like to do everything on the reporting server itself and the application just has to send us one parameter and call our main html, which would take care of everything else. Does it make sense?