Focal Point
[SOLVED] Teradata Macros using ReportCaster

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4747057676

June 16, 2015, 08:12 AM
MarkF
[SOLVED] Teradata Macros using ReportCaster
I'm converting a bunch of mainframe VM batch jobs to WebFocus using ReportCaster and I have a few questions.

1) If I execute multiple macros in a Focexec supplying -RUN after each, will the program wait until the completion of the macro before moving to the next one?

Example:

SQL SQLDBC EXEC MACRO1;
END
-RUN
SQL SQLDBC EXEC MACRO2;
END
-RUN

2) Is there a way to turn the Teradata messaging on so I can see what's going on? When I run the macros using the Teradata utility on the mainframe I get # of records deleted, inserted, updated, etc. With the ECHO and MSG ON I don't get those messages. I think the best I can do is test for a return code.

Thanks,
Mark

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFocus 7.703
Linux
June 16, 2015, 09:11 AM
j.gross
quote:
1) If I execute multiple macros in a Focexec supplying -RUN after each, will the program wait until the completion of the macro before moving to the next one?Example:SQL SQLDBC EXEC MACRO1;END-RUNSQL SQLDBC EXEC MACRO2;END-RUN

With or without the -RUN's, execution in a FEX is serial. The second SQL request will not be reached until the first gets back control from the relational db server.

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05
June 16, 2015, 10:04 AM
MarkF
Thanks Jack...

WebFocus 7.703
Linux