Focal Point
Multiple drill-down on graphs

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4791048331

April 08, 2005, 02:11 PM
RobertIBI
Multiple drill-down on graphs
Has anyone found a practical way to do multiple drill-downs on pie charts and/or bar graphs? We have a customer that is needing this capability.

thanks in advance,
Robert
April 08, 2005, 04:06 PM
TexasStingray
Are you wanting to choose from a list or are you just wanting to run multiple reports from a graph.
April 08, 2005, 04:27 PM
RobertIBI
We need to show a list like in a report with multiple drill-downs.

Robert
April 13, 2005, 01:48 PM
TexasStingray
Thats a feature known as Knowledge Mapping. It is part of the WebFOCUS' UAS/MRE.
April 13, 2005, 02:10 PM
<DocServices>
Hi,

For Version 5.3, Chapter 14: Creating Knowledge Map Reports of the Creating Reports With Graphical Tools manual (DN2102020.0904), covers Knowledge Mapping.

Hope this helps.

-Jennifer
April 15, 2005, 01:56 PM
RobertIBI
Interesting solution but as far as I know, you can't pass amper-variables with Knowledge Mapping. It will only pass what's in the graph itself. I have little knowledge of KM. Wink Of course, I could concatenate all of the variables and place this column in the graph with a NOPRINT. Then you would have to parse it out in the calling procedure.

Fortunately, we found another solution that satisfied the customer's needs.

thanks to all for responding,
Robert
April 15, 2005, 03:23 PM
VORob
Hi Robert,

I just raised a support call to ask the same question and got the following response:

"We have not yet researched what would be involved in implementing multi-drill for GRAPH FILE. Consequently no decision has yet been made with regard to adding this functionality and therefore no specific release has been designated as the target for such a feature. Discussions on releases following 7.1 will begin after Summit (June timeframe). We will be able to more accurately assess if and when this feature will be added at that time."

Would be nice wouldn't it ?

Rob.