Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Page Number in EXL2K

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Page Number in EXL2K
 Login/Join

posted
I am trying to put a page count in Excell 2000 I have put it in on a by field with a page break but when you print the document it just counts each grouping it doesn't actually count each page.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows XP
all output (Excel, HTML, PDF)

Expert
posted Hide Post
Here is a way to add page numbers, and where to set the page breaks in the excel report.

This could be done with a template, but this is self contained.

The first part is to add the page numbers, this is done by adding the field Page_Number to the page somewhere.
The second part is to define where the page breaks will happen. This is calculated, and added after the report, but on the same tab as the report. This example is set to a three line heading and looks for a break on CONTINENT, REGION and COUNTRY, as well as if the number of lines goes over 60.

FILEDEF XL_PAGE_NUM DISK c:\temp\xl_page_num.xls

FILEDEF PGE_BRK DISK pge_brk.ftm

-* Write out a master to read the BSB_ACC list
EX -LINES 4 EDAPUT MASTER,PGE_BRK,CV,FILE
FILENAME=PGE_BRK, SUFFIX=FIX,$
SEGNAME=PGE_BRK, $
  FIELD=XL_Row ,ALIAS=  ,A9,A9,$

-RUN

DEFINE  FILE TRADES
-* This adds the page number to the Excel output, check with print preview.
 Page_Number/A67 = '<style><!--@page {mso-footer-data:"&|CPage &|P of &|N";}--></style>';
END

SET COMPOUND = OPEN NOBREAK

TABLE   FILE TRADES
 HEADING
 "<Page_Number>Excel Report"
" "
 PRINT  TRADER_ID
        DATE_OF_TRADE
        HOLDER
        TYPE
        BUY_SELL
        AMOUNT
        COMPUTE Cntr/I9   = IF CONTINENT NE LAST CONTINENT
                            OR REGION    NE LAST REGION
                            OR COUNTRY   NE LAST COUNTRY
                            THEN 1 ELSE LAST Cntr + 1 ; NOPRINT
        COMPUTE Break/I9  = IF IMOD(Cntr-1, 60,'I9') EQ 0 THEN LAST Break + 1 ELSE LAST Break ; NOPRINT
        COMPUTE TmpRow/I9 = IF Break NE LAST Break THEN LAST TmpRow + 4 ELSE LAST TmpRow + 1 ;
        COMPUTE XL_Row/I9 = IF TmpRow - LAST TmpRow EQ 4 THEN TmpRow - 4 ELSE 0 ;
        COMPUTE WrtRow/I9 = IF XL_Row NE 0 THEN PUTDDREC('PGE_BRK',7,LJUST(9,FTOA(XL_Row, '(F9)','A9'),'A9'),9,WrtRow) ELSE 0 ;
 BY     CONTINENT
 BY     REGION
 BY     COUNTRY
 BY     TOTAL Break PAGE-BREAK
 ON     TABLE HOLD AS XL_PAGE_NUM FORMAT EXL2K
END

-RUN

SET COMPOUND = CLOSE

-SET &No_Cols = 9 ;

-*This defines the pages in Excel
DEFINE  FILE PGE_BRK
 Brk_String/A8000V = LAST Brk_String || '<x:RowBreak><x:Row>' || XL_Row || '</x:Row><x:ColEnd>&No_Cols</x:ColEnd></x:RowBreak>' ;
END

TABLE   FILE PGE_BRK
 SUM    
        COMPUTE PgrBreaks/A8200 = '<head><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <x:WorksheetOptions><x:Print><x:ValidPrinterInfo/>'
                               || '<x:Scale>63</x:Scale></x:Print></x:WorksheetOptions>'
                               || '<x:PageBreaks>'
                               || '<x:RowBreaks>'
                               || LST.Brk_String
                               || '</x:RowBreaks></x:PageBreaks></xml><![endif]--></head>' ; AS ''

ON TABLE HOLD AS XL_PAGE_NUM FORMAT EXL2K

END

-RUN

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Please post your code and a picture of what you want the print to look like. I have some code that I used to create a page break and page numbers in Excel2K that I can post if it meets your needs.

WF 7.6.11
Oracle
WebSphere
Windows NT-5.2 x86 32bit

Posts: 398 | Registered: February 04, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
RSquared,

I havn't had a chance to get to this yet but I would love to see your example. I just want the page numbers at the bottom of the page when the report is printed out on paper. When I tried to do this the page break just ended up at the end of each grouping.

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows XP

Master
posted Hide Post
Waz, as you suggest, I ususally do stuff like this with a template.

I do have a question about your code. On the FILEDEF of XL_PAGE_NUM, shouldn't there be an APPEND somewhere? Otherwise, won't the second TABLE just overwrite the output from the first TABLE?

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Cylon,

I put the following code in the define

INTERNAL_BL/A2='';
INTERNAL_USE/A20='';
LINE_NUM/I9=LINE_NUM + 1;
IntMod/I9 = IMOD(LINE_NUM, 48, IntMod) ;
PAGE_BR/I2=IF IntMod EQ 1 THEN PAGE_BR + 1 ELSE PAGE_BR;

and then when I print

BY
	  PAGE_BR  NOPRINT
ON PAGE_BR PAGE-BREAK

Please note that 48 is the number of lines I want before I do a page break.

I hope that this helps.

Happy holidays (Hannukah, x-mas, Kwanza Solstice) etc

WF 7.6.11
Oracle
WebSphere
Windows NT-5.2 x86 32bit

Posts: 398 | Registered: February 04, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help. You can close the issue out.

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows XP

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
shouldn't there be an APPEND

As its a compound report, no you don't have to.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post