Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     EDASERVE agent crashing

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
EDASERVE agent crashing
 Login/Join

<M_RIOS75>
posted
I have a drilldown on a graph that sometimes results in an error that claims an agent has crashed but then I backspace and select another bar to drill on and it works.. so of course, sometimes it works.. and sometimes it doesnt.. Can this be related to my stylesheet?? I have conditional styling on the graph and I am lead to believe this can be part of the problem.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Marvin,

I did experience something similar. In my case it was due to the actual value of the data. For some reason when it executed the conditional styling it crash the server.

My solution was to reformat the data and then try to do the conditional styling base on the new reformatted field.

Hope this helps.

WebFOCUS 767 Server 64bit On Windows 2003 Server

WebFOCUS 767 Server for Developer Studio On windows XP

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
But an agent crash can happen for just about a zillion reasons.
Best approach would be to try and find out what exactly causes the crash to occur. Methods I always use to find out what's wrong are either to strip the code little by little until the point where it always runs without crashing. Whatever has been stripped from the procedure must contain the cause of the crash.
And if that does not give me any understanding of the problem, then I switch on tracing, hoping to see some kind of error situation before the crash happens. Traces are not completely written to the trace file with an agent crash, so there is a possibility that the cause of the crash is not in the trace file. Which is why I use the trace as a last resort.

Hope this helps ...

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
This is why we need more information from an agent crash.

https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/...831061262#5831061262

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
<M_RIOS75>
posted
Thanks for the help.. I think I was able to eliminate the problem. I had 3 conditional styling rules and now I have 1 (requirements changed). Looking back, some may have stepped on each other altho I dont think so. Since my requirements changed, no need to continue testing/troubleshooting..

Report This Post
<M_RIOS75>
posted
Scratch that.. the crash is back.

Report This Post
<M_RIOS75>
posted
Talk about tough.. When I run the report and the agent crashes, I close and delete the browser cache. I re-run, and the same "bar" I drill on in the bar chart runs and doesnt crash...Trust me I did nothing different!

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hey Marvin,

When we drill, we "always" throw a random number on the drill:

-SET &RANDOM = RDUNIF('D12.9') * 1000000;

then, in the stylesheet for the column you want to drill on:

TYPE=DATA,
 COLUMN=DRILL_COLUMN,
 FOCEXEC=DRILL_FOCEXEC ( \
 THIS_COLUMN1=N1 \
 THIS_COLUMN2=N2 \
 THIS_COLUMN3=N3 \
 RANDOM=&RANDOM        ),
 TARGET = _blank,
$

You get the gist, we send the &RANDOM to clear the cache...

Hope this helps...

Tom

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post