Focal Point
[closed]Arabic Text

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4857052595

December 13, 2010, 01:04 AM
Majid Jeddi
[closed]Arabic Text
Hi,

I am trying to create a report using developer studio. The title of this report is the company name which is in Arabic.
When I run the report everything display well except the Arabic text which converts to ?????
Any Idea about what could be the cause.

Regards

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Majid Jeddi,

WebFocus 7.6.5
AND WebLogic server as web server
sql2005 as database server
December 13, 2010, 03:56 AM
atturhari
Pls check the NLS configuration like code page etc..
Though Im not an expert on this area, thought it might be helpful.

Thanks
Hari (WF-769)

WF 7.7.02 on Windows 7
Teradata
HTML,PDF,EXCEL,AHTML
December 13, 2010, 12:08 PM
Francis Mariani
You probably need to change the code page on the WebFOCUS Client (via the WebFOCUS Client Admin Console, NLS settings) AND the WebFOCUS reporting server (via the WebFOCUS reporting server console, Workspace > Configuration > NLS). 1256 seems to be the code page for Arabic on Windows.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
December 13, 2010, 11:48 PM
Majid Jeddi
Hi Francis,

In the database i am reporting on we have data in Arabic and also in other languages like English and so on.
Would this code page be compatible?

Thanks

WebFocus 7.6.5
AND WebLogic server as web server
sql2005 as database server
December 15, 2010, 10:49 AM
Francis Mariani
You would have to try it. According to Microsoft > Technical Reference > Code Pages > Windows 1256, it seems to handle latin and Arabic characters.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server