Focal Point
Borders in COMPOUND PDF Reports

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4881098331

September 16, 2005, 05:11 PM
Woody
Borders in COMPOUND PDF Reports
When using borders in COMPOUND PDF reports, I find that the border on the second request "floats" to a position that makes it unusable. (Try the code below using the employee file.) The border that should appear around the department name moves (or floats) to an incorrect position that no longer frames the department information. This is a simple report and the problem become magnified with complex reports.

Also, does anyone know of a way to marry the borders of different sections of a PDF report. As an example, if I place a border around the ON TABLE SUBHEAD area and a border around the HEADING area, there is a gap between each border section. (Note: The GAP feature in the STYLESHEET addresses a different purpose.) In order words, the two sections appear as two separate boxes. I need boxes around each section, but want the bottom of the ON TABLE SUBHEAD to butt against the top of the HEADING box. I can provide an example if needed.

SET PAGE-NUM = NOPAGE
TABLE FILE EMPLOYEE
"<EID <LAST_NAME <FIRST_NAME"
WHERE EID EQ '818692173'
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT, FONT=ARIAL, SIZE=7,$
TYPE=HEADING,BORDER=ON,$
ENDSTYLE
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF OPEN NOBREAK
END
TABLE FILE EMPLOYEE
"<DEPARTMENT"
WHERE DEPARTMENT EQ 'MIS'
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT, FONT=ARIAL, SIZE=7,$
TYPE=HEADING,BORDER=ON,$
ENDSTYLE
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF CLOSE
END
September 16, 2005, 05:34 PM
N.Selph
I have occasionally gotten the floating border on compound pdf that you describe (but interestingly, not on your example). It isn't consistant.
I also looked for a way to get rid of the gap you describe. Nothing seems to do it. That gap doesn't seem to have a "name" so nothing addresses it.
September 16, 2005, 07:41 PM
Tony A
What versions of Acrobat are you guys using? Perhaps there might be an answer there.
September 16, 2005, 07:53 PM
Francis Mariani
This problem is happening as described on these environments:

WF 5.3.2 - Windows XP - Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0.3
WF 5.3.4 - AIX - Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0.2
WF 5.2.3 - AIX - Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0.2
September 19, 2005, 06:36 PM
Woody
Am using Adobe Professional 6. Most users will be using Adobe Reader 6 or 7. All users are Windows XP. WF version is 5.2.8.