Focal Point
Drill Down and USE

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4901008331

September 08, 2004, 12:07 AM
<Carolyn>
Drill Down and USE
I have a simple Drill down that I created using the report painter. The master report & the drill down report are nearly identical, so I copied most of the code (which I tested first) including DEFAULTs and DEFINE. I can run either of them independently without problem. They both have a USE filea AS fileb, which seems to be a problem. When the master reports executes and I select the data value for drilling down, Focus tells me it can't parse the file. If I create a clone of the Drill down and take out the USE, things work nicely. Except the report is incomplete.

Anyone have a clue on how to take care of this?

Thanks.
September 08, 2004, 02:18 PM
reFOCUSing
The order of the fields in the hold files and sizes of the fields should be the same in both filea and fileb for the USE to work correctly.
September 08, 2004, 05:56 PM
<Pietro De Santis>
You should use the report painter to build the USE command, if it is availbale in report painter.
September 09, 2004, 08:33 PM
Steve C
I suggest you add a USE CLEAR * to clear out the USE structure in memory, just in case. An alternative may be to code USE FILEA AS FILEC in the drilldown fex, so that there is no possible conflict on the names.