Focal Point
[CASE OPENED] 8.2 Portal Initial Window Sizes

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4917083686

May 10, 2017, 11:14 AM
RosieGilbert
[CASE OPENED] 8.2 Portal Initial Window Sizes
I am designing a responsive portal/html page in 8.2. I used template 1-2. The first panel is the filter pane. For two of the panels that will show content, I would like 1 of them to use 70% of the screen and the other to 30% of the screen but remain responsive. So I was able to configure the window panels with the first window with a min width of 70% and the second with a max width of 30%. When I run the portal, it honors the sizes but the second window (30%) still stays put in the center of the screen, which is over a portion of the 70% window. I would like the 30% window to justify to the right, so it doesn't overlap. I would think the Basic location attribute in properties would be how to do this but it doesn't allow modification. Is there a better way to do this?
Thank you!
Rosie

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8.2, Server 2008 R2, SQL 2014 data warehouse
May 11, 2017, 12:43 PM
FP Mod Chuck
Hi Rosie

Would it be possible for you to create a change management package of your html and portal. You can upload it via ftp to cssftp.ibi.com/incoming/focalpoint The current user / password for this site is INCOMINGFTP / 5NmUtrV31

Once it is there I can download it and try to debug it.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
May 11, 2017, 03:16 PM
RosieGilbert
Unfortunately my organization doesn't allow FTP traffic. It is only 1 html page in the package so the zip file is only 8K is there an address I can email it to?

WebFOCUS 8.2, Server 2008 R2, SQL 2014 data warehouse
May 15, 2017, 12:15 PM
FP Mod Chuck
Hi Rosie

You can send it to my e-mail. chuck_wolff@ibi.com

Thanks

May 16, 2017, 01:59 PM
FP Mod Chuck
Rosie

I have been unable to make this work either. Please open a case with techsupport. I suspect this is a bug.

Regards,