Focal Point
[CLOSED] SQL Passthru and multiple BLOB retrieval

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/492102464

June 11, 2010, 11:46 AM
Theresa
[CLOSED] SQL Passthru and multiple BLOB retrieval
I am trying to display a report that is pulling multiple images that are saved as blob's in an Oracle database. I can do it using FOCUS joins, but I also get some duplicate rows. I haven't been able to remove those using the JOINs.

So now I'm trying to use SQL Passthru, but I can't figure out how to display the pictures on the report. When I put the blob field in my SQL, I get an error and the report won't display. If I remove that field, I get a number of rows returned.

I saw a forum post from a couple of years ago that said you need to use a stored procedure. Is this still the case? Because I don't have access to the database. I don't even know what version of Oracle we're using.

Any help would be appreciated!
Theresa

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

PMF: 5.2.3 HF 4
Server: WF 7.6.11/DB2
Desktop: WF 7.6.11/SQL Server/XP
output: HTML
June 11, 2010, 02:56 PM
njsden
I think an extra effort should be made in order to figure out why the JOIN structure is giving you duplicated entries. SQL passthru is great but I think it should be used as a last resort when querying "regular" synonyms (masterfiles) is not feasible.

If you post an abbreviated (but functionaly complete) portion of your code with the JOIN and TABLE FILE statements being used as well as the contents of the masterfiles being involved in your query, we may be able to give you some hints.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.
June 18, 2010, 01:59 PM
Theresa
Thank you for the suggestion. I was trying to use SQL passthru as I have years of experience with SQL and am new to WebFocus. But now that my access to the server is working again, I will play around with the JOINs.

Theresa

PMF: 5.2.3 HF 4
Server: WF 7.6.11/DB2
Desktop: WF 7.6.11/SQL Server/XP
output: HTML