Focal Point
HTML sorting dropdown

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4941082391

October 27, 2006, 08:27 AM
thangam
HTML sorting dropdown
I want a report where there is an arrow on each column such that on clicking the arrow the sorting of the column can be changed.This means on clicking on the column for the first time if it is sorted in ascending order the next click should sort the same in descending order and so on. Can somebody please help me with this... I am working on version 7.1.4 and i want the output in HTML. Also without using OLAP.
October 27, 2006, 08:38 AM
hammo1j
Put a drill down on your title that passes the sort order and column name as two of its arguments.

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo
October 27, 2006, 01:41 PM
thangam
Act it is required that the arrow points down while sorting is done in the ascending order and the arrow should point up while in the descending order. Can that also be achieved?
October 27, 2006, 02:01 PM
Kamesh
Yes, adding the image also possible.

Check for the direction(ascending or descending) in your define statement and change the image based on that.

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat
October 30, 2006, 02:59 PM
Commando Dave
Not exactly what you asked for but something you might consider is using the drillmenuitem stylesheet feature with options of "sort ascending by xxx" and "sort descending by xxx". You could also add "hide column xxx".
When using drillmenuitem features I always like to provide an alternate way (via a menu option) for the user to change the sorting just in case the user's browser does not render the drillmenuitems properly (I've had trouble getting firefox and drillmenuitems to play nice)
Also, regardless of browser considerations, if you do offer a "hide" feature then you should provide a way to "unhide" via a menu option.

Just a thought. This technique has served me well.