Focal Point
[SOLVED]Have different series of the same chart point to different drill down reports

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4967023986

February 16, 2018, 12:27 PM
ELockett
[SOLVED]Have different series of the same chart point to different drill down reports
I have a chart graphing a field called Actual_cost and 2 series based on the Charge_Type (Fuel or Maintenance) so that we can see it side by side.

Basically like this

GRAPH FILE fleetwave_reporting/fw_cost
SUM FW_COST.FW_COST.ACTUAL_COST
BY FW_COST.FW_COST.CHARGE_TYPE AS 'Charge Type'
BY FW_COST.FW_COST.TRANSACTION_FISCAL_MONTH AS 'Fiscal Month'

I want to be able to click on a "Fuel" bar and have it take me to a detail report that I created only for fuel or click on a maintenance bar and have it take me to a detail report that I created only for maintenance.

The detail reports have 2 diff data sources and 2 diff formats.

The problem I'm having is that it is not letting me create a separate drilldown for each one, it is only allowing me to create a drilldown menu when I click a bar that then has me select which drilldown I want (fuel or maintenance).

I'm using InfoAssist+ on Webfocus 8.2.01M

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ELockett,

App Studio 8.2.03 Windows all formats
February 19, 2018, 11:32 AM
Wep5622
There should be options to conditionally set a drilldown.
Drilldown conditions have to be simple equality comparisons (EQ, LT, LE, GT, GE) though, so you may need to add a NOPRINT field with the logic DEFINEd if it's a bit more complicated.

Another option is to drill down to a catch-all fex that determines which report to run based on your selections, using a bit of Dialog Manager and -INCLUDE or EX to run the actual report.

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :
February 19, 2018, 02:11 PM
ELockett
Hmmm... the catch-all fex idea is interesting... I will give it a try

February 20, 2018, 09:49 AM
ELockett
It worked like a charm Wep5622!