Focal Point
[CLOSED] Avoid page refresh in maintain

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4967046236

August 05, 2013, 04:07 AM
Shankar
[CLOSED] Avoid page refresh in maintain
Hi,
I have a maintain form in which there are few menu items at the top. Based on the selection of menu item, the R/W grid at the bottom get refrehes. I just want to refresh the grid component at the bottom, not the whole page. Is there any way to do that in maintain. Please suggest.

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WF 8.1.04,Windows 7,
DataBase: Oracle 11g,Output :Excel,PDF,HTML
August 05, 2013, 09:20 AM
Maintain Wizard
If you need to make a call to the server, and that happens when any Maintain command needs to be processed, the form is going to refresh. The only way not to refresh the form is to ONLY use JavaScript commands on the form, until you need to return to the server for data refreshing.

Mark
August 06, 2013, 01:09 AM
Shankar
Hi Mark,
Can you please help me with a sample script using CAR file to explain this? That would be really great.

Thanks.

WF 8.1.04,Windows 7,
DataBase: Oracle 11g,Output :Excel,PDF,HTML
August 06, 2013, 08:10 AM
Maintain Wizard
Shankar
not sure what you are looking for. The ONLY things that I can do with JavaScript are validation and simple form manipulation. Any type of Maintain command or server call will refresh the screen. If you are looking for a specific example, let me know. Otherwise, send me an e-mail and I can send you a presentation on enhancing Maintain with JavaScript.

Mark
Mark_Derwin@IBI.COM