Focal Point
Calendar icon and IE vs. Firefox Browsers

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4971015652

November 09, 2007, 12:33 PM
Bethany
Calendar icon and IE vs. Firefox Browsers
Since it seems you have to set the calendar text box/icon position absolutely, does anyone know how you can detect the user's browser and then set the calendar position accordingly?

Bethany

DevStudio: 7.1.4
Server Environment: Win2K3 Server
WebFOCUS 7.13
Apache Tomcat standalone application server

Server Environment: Win2K3 Server WebFOCUS 7.13 Apache Tomcat standalone application server
November 09, 2007, 01:01 PM
Leah
That information would be greatly appreciated by me also, but need to know the affects if some use IE and some use FIREFOX.

Right now for FIREFOX calendar entry, I just play games with the parms in IE so the values using calendar are at the top.

Thanks.

Leah
November 09, 2007, 04:05 PM
susannah
go to www.javascriptkit.com and search for browser detect.
you'll get
everything you ever wanted to know

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID
November 13, 2007, 10:49 AM
Francis Mariani
If you need to detect the web browser from within a WebFOCUS fex, you can add the HTTP_USER_AGENT HTTP Header Variable to the variables that are passed from site.wfs. This will make available a Dialogue Manager variable called &HTTP_USER_AGENT.

Here's some documentation on that: HTTP Header Variables Available for Script Processing

In my environmnet, I get this:
Firefox: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.9) G
IE: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET

So, to detect if IE is used you could code this:

-SET &BROWSER = IF &HTTP_USER_AGENT CONTAINS 'MSIE' THEN 'MSIE' ELSE 'FIERFOX';
I don't know what the other web browsers would provide.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server