Focal Point
[CLOSED] Stop access to /ibi_apps but allow access to portals

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4987073676

May 26, 2015, 12:53 AM
Waz
[CLOSED] Stop access to /ibi_apps but allow access to portals
Does anyone know if it is possible to stop users accessing "http://server/ibi_apps" but allow access to a portal "http://server/ibi_apps/bip/portal/myportal".

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Waz,

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

May 26, 2015, 02:20 AM
SSander
Wouldnt IBI_Default_Welcome_Page handle it?

Create "Default portal" assign Default Welcome there, create "Page" what only administrators can access and put "Repository" there.

For rest of the users put there Portal selections or something Smiler

Regrads,

Release: WebFOCUS 8104, AppStudio: 8105
Output: HTML,Excel,Active Reports
May 26, 2015, 02:39 AM
Waz
Although we are using the portals differently to what you have said, this may help.

Any idea if you can add parameters to the IBI_Default_Welcome_Page ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

May 27, 2015, 10:30 AM
CoolGuy
quote:
Originally posted by Waz:
Although we are using the portals differently to what you have said, this may help.

Any idea if you can add parameters to the IBI_Default_Welcome_Page ?

The only thing the manual says on it is that it "specifies the default portal to appear when a user signs in, in the format /bip/portal/xyz, where xyz is the name of the portal."

I'm guessing you could add params. Not sure.

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.
May 27, 2015, 10:45 AM
CoolGuy
Waz,

I know that IBI has been in contact with and working with our BI Admin to set up custom URLs to each portal so that we can link to them from our corporate intranet site. So, the functionality is possible. I am not sure what they are doing to implement it, or how far along they are with it.

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.
May 27, 2015, 03:09 PM
Francis Mariani
Waz,

We prevent users from getting to ibi_apps by specifying a particular portal in the Default Welcome Page parameter on the Admin Console (as previously mentioned in this thread). This redirects the user to the specified portal even if they navigate to ibi_apps.

This occurs for everyone, therefore the developers have a special portal that contains a tab with the Resource Tree.

I created a private portal containing with the "WebFOCUS Resources" tree.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
May 27, 2015, 06:22 PM
Waz
Thanks guys,

I'll investigate and test it out

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

May 28, 2015, 08:10 AM
eric.woerle
Waz, you could always force it at the Apache.

If you never want the end user to hit ibiapps, then just put a redirect on the Apache layer. for me if I want to hit the alternate zone I use the direct name of the server, since it's an alternate zone, it's only accessible through specific IP addresses (mine). Everyone else uses a URL set up in apache that will redirect people away from tomcat or whatever page I want them to hit. You could do the same thing with your portal. You Could even make easier names for people like portal1.waz.Com and portal2.waz.com

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2
June 02, 2015, 07:47 PM
Waz
I got a response from Techsupport.

quote:
Since a portal request is made through the web server, there is no functionality in WebFOCUS Client to redirect the request. This must be performed on the web server level.

So if we do this, its going to have to be at the Web server.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984