Focal Point
Hybrid MRE/Self Service Login issue

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/501100764

June 15, 2010, 01:31 PM
Francis Mariani
Hybrid MRE/Self Service Login issue
I am attempting to replicate an environment that I must support. It uses MRE to login but is a self-service application.

The login page includes this:

<form name="logonForm" action="/ibi_apps/WFServlet" method="POST">

<input type=text name="IBIMR_user" size=20 value="">
<input type=password name="IBIMR_pass" size=20 value=""></td>
<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Logon">
<input type="reset" name="Reset" value="Reset">

<input type="hidden" name="IBIWF_language" value="en">
<input type="hidden" name="IBIMR_random" value="">
<input type="hidden" name="SIGNON_CORRECT" value="mainmenu.htm">
<input type="hidden" name="SIGNON_CORRECT_ADMIN" value="mainmenu.htm">
<input type="hidden" name="IBIMR_action" value="MR_SIGNON">
<input type="hidden" name="SIGNON_INCORRECT" value="badlogon.htm">
<input type="hidden" name="IBIC_server" value="EDASERVE">
</form>

I just don't know what this code is doing - it's got MRE bits and self-service bits.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
June 15, 2010, 04:45 PM
Francis Mariani
[STRANGE]
If you log in with an MRE user that is defined as an "Analytical User" - the self-service redirection works, if you log in with an MRE user that is defined as a "Developer", the self-service redirection does not work - the Domain page is displayed.
[/STRANGE]

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
June 15, 2010, 06:23 PM
Waz
Francis, there is a manual that describes these calls.

I've created many of these hydrib launch pages, and have not had any issues.

The signon validates the user, and created the session info, after that you can do what you like.

Do you think the eve people could create a new tag for [STRANGE], and make it wobbly green text ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

June 16, 2010, 11:54 AM
Francis Mariani
Waz,

Is the manual you suggest the security manual? Does it actually state the user has to be defined as an analytical user?

Also, in our self-service app, we authenticate a user against the db, can this work with an MRE user?

Thanks,

Francis

June 16, 2010, 08:50 PM
Waz
Francis, its the WebFOCUS API Developer's Reference.

As for your self service app, the user is authenticated against what db ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

June 17, 2010, 11:27 AM
Francis Mariani
I have never played with the API, so I have a bit of reading to do.

We're being forced into having two separate WebFOCUS environments coexist in one. One uses MRE for authentication and then runs self-service. The other is solely self-service.

There are all kinds of issues with Dev Studio - we would like one set of users not see the app folders of the other set of users.

We're trying user profiles, we're trying IBI_REPORT_USER, it's a bit of a mess.

Francis

June 17, 2010, 11:43 AM
Francis Mariani
here's a possible scenario:

Leave the other group's authentication method alone, MRE authentication then run self-service.

For ours, I was thinking of using MRE authentication with a hidden dummy user/pass, then self-service authenticating to the DB2 database - this I haven't got working yet.

Francis

June 17, 2010, 05:42 PM
Waz
I did a similar thing about 5 years ago.

It did MRE authentication with a fixed user password (difficult to hide, did it with calls), then validated against a FOCUS DB od user/passwords.

It works quite well, but locking it down is the hard part.

Its also quite versitile, you can then control the access.

I personally don't like giving access to any app folders, and drive all reporting through menus. If set up correctly, the menus can be controlled via the user db.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984