Focal Point
[SOLVED] blank spacing between report data

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/502108922

September 04, 2009, 09:20 AM
BDAVIS
[SOLVED] blank spacing between report data
I've recently found out that one of my reports has spacing between some entries due to data from my SQL joins and even though this data is not displayed, it gives me a big gap in the report.

This report lists our bibliography documents and each document has a copy level, and within each copy level a piece level. I am searching for something in the piece level (a piece type, ie books, cd, etc). I have found the best way to do that is keeping it simple through a join. The report has an option to show the piece level data or not, and has a GOTO that bypasses the pieces level SQL join if that data is not shown. However, I thought I could add an exception to the goto, so that if a user searched on a piece type, the join would be included but the piece level data would not be shown in the report. It's not shown. Instead I get blanks depending on how many pieces each copy has. If there's 20+ pieces, I get a huge gap. If there's 1, nothing.

So it appears joining the piece level data in the SQL gets produced into the report even though it's not visible. So how do I get rid of the gap but retain the data from the join in the search?

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.3 | Solaris 10 | Excel, PDF
September 04, 2009, 10:46 AM
GamP
I think we would have to get a notion of what the report looks like (in terms of code and in terms of data) before being able to give some advice.
It may be as easy as changing PRINT to SUM, but it may be a lot more complicated than that.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988
September 04, 2009, 10:55 AM
BDAVIS
Wow, sum actually did the trick. Thanks.

WebFOCUS 7.6.3 | Solaris 10 | Excel, PDF