Focal Point
Why 'PDF Layout Painter' displays only a single report at times?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5041054062

December 06, 2007, 08:21 AM
<B_B>
Why 'PDF Layout Painter' displays only a single report at times?
Hi,
Out of curiosity i want to know why 'PDF Layout Painter' displays only a single report at times instead of say 8 reports.

Is it a defect in PDF Layout painter? If so, why does it happen.

Also, i have a resolution to this- i created a 'dummy.fex' at zero position and then all the 8 compound reports got displayed.

Please let me know when - 'only a single report gets displayed ' - is this a defect or a feature of PDF layout Painter in case we want to display multiple compound reports?

Bhavna.
December 06, 2007, 08:25 AM
RichH
Hi Bhavna,
What release is this happening in? You should open up a case and report it.
Rich

WebFOCUS 8202 Win 2012
Test - WebFOCUS 8203 on Win 2012
December 06, 2007, 09:05 AM
GinnyJakes
Bhavna,

That is very strange. I am not having that problem. Please update your profile signature with your release and platform information.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
December 06, 2007, 09:32 AM
dkirk
I have had the same thing happening and it turned out that the reports that were missing were running blank because of a change to the data in the data mart. Once this was updated they all appeared.

I am not sure that this is what is happening with yours if you can run it outside the layout painter and get the reports
December 07, 2007, 12:28 AM
<B_B>
I am using Web Focus Version - 7.1.4

Does anybody has any clue as to why this happens?

Thanks,
Bhavna.
December 07, 2007, 11:54 AM
<B_B>
Does this problem occur only in 'Compound layout report' or in 'Co-ordinated report' as well. Well, out here i am using 'Compound Report'.

Thanks,
Bhavna.