Focal Point
Maintain: Easy question?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5061099582

May 30, 2008, 04:32 PM
Kelly Badger
Maintain: Easy question?
Hello, all. Hopefully I have a simple Maintain question here.

Within my procedure, in my on-click event, I have some javascript code. I know if I need to run a Maintain Case from the js, I can do so by using the IWCTrigger() method. But am I able to do the opposite? I'd like to execute a javascript function code from within my Maintain Case?

Kelly
WF 7.6.6, Win 2K3 SP2, Tomcat
May 31, 2008, 11:25 PM
Anatess
I usually do this by attaching the javascript to a form's onload event that a case shows. Also, I can attach it to the onload event of the form that invokes the case - usually by having a hidden text object that I set in the case to a certain value. The onload event investigates the value of the object to determine whether to invoke the javascript. Hope this makes sense.

WF 8.1.05 Windows
June 01, 2008, 06:01 PM
Waz
I agree with Anatess, you can not run Js code inside Maintain. you must run it in the browser.

A technique I have used is to attach a js library to the form (Not linked but embedded) with say only 1 comment in it. Then you can add lines to the library before it is added to the form.

e.g.
js lib: additional.js
 additional.Lines(additional.Lines.FocCount+1) = 'js code;' ;

When the form is produced the extra lines are added dynamically.

Have a look at the wfm file created after you add the embedded js library, the technique is just continueing on.

Hope this helps

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

June 03, 2008, 11:43 AM
Kelly Badger
Thank you both. I was able to take your suggestions and get it working. Turns out setting a value to a hidden text object worked great for what I was trying to accomplish.

Kelly

Kelly
WF 7.6.6, Win 2K3 SP2, Tomcat