Focal Point
[CLOSED] Passing multiple parameters to a dynamic drop-down

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5097073176

June 24, 2014, 06:22 PM
Suzy
[CLOSED] Passing multiple parameters to a dynamic drop-down
Is it possible to pass 2 parameters from one drop-down to another drop-down? I have 2 chained controls on the launch page. The first calls a fex file and returns 2 parameters. The second one uses another fex file that needs these 2 parameters to populate the second select box. I have the first one populating, but the second one will not.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8.0.08
Solaris
HTML, PDF, XLS, CSV
June 25, 2014, 01:58 AM
Ram Prasad E
Yes it is possible. You need to change the property of first listbox to enable multi select.

Thanks,
Ram

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows
http://ibiwebfocus.wordpress.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ibi.webfocus/
June 25, 2014, 11:24 AM
Suzy
It's not a multi-select the second parameter is just an input the other procedure needs for the sql statement.

WebFOCUS 8.0.08
Solaris
HTML, PDF, XLS, CSV
June 25, 2014, 01:30 PM
Kathy P
Am I understanding this correctly? One input comes from a drop down and the second input is a define or computed field? Thus two values to populate a second window. You can do this by putting both of those values into an xml file. Then use the xml file as input to the drop down.

Kathy Phillips
Web FOCUS 8.2.05.14, 8.1.05, 8.08, 8.0.7, 8.0.5,8.0.2m, 7.6.10,7.7.03
Windows
June 25, 2014, 04:25 PM
Suzy
There are 2 chained drop-downs on the page:
<SELECT id=NAME name=NAME ibic_server="EDASERVE" ibiapp_app="commonprocedures" sourcetype="typeFex" datasource="first.fex" datatype="1" displayfield cacheruntimedata="0" operation addalloption="1" dynalldisplayvalue="ALL" newchainnumber="0" chainnumber="0" inchainindex="1" expression="="></SELECT>

<SELECT id=NUMBER name=NUMBER ibic_server="EDASERVE" ibiapp_app="commonprocedures" sourcetype="typeFex" datasource="second.fex" datatype="1" displayfield cacheruntimedata="0" operation addalloption="1" dynalldisplayvalue="ALL" newchainnumber="0" chainnumber="0" inchainindex="2" expression="="></SELECT> 

And here are the stored procedures:

first.fex
TABLE FILE USP_RPT_NAME
PRINT
  ID NOPRINT
  NAME
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XML
END

second.fex
-SET &IN_NAME = IF &NAME EQ 'FOC_NONE' THEN '~' ELSE &NAME;
-SET &IN_ID = IF &ID EQ 'FOC_NONE' THEN '~' ELSE &ID;

TABLE FILE USP_RPT_VNUM
PRINT
   NUM
WHERE (@I_NAME EQ '&IN_NAME')
AND (@I_ID EQ '&IN_ID')
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XML
END

I need both parameters passed from the first drop-down to the second drop-down for the stored procedure. The first one is populating fine, I'm having trouble getting the second one to populate.

WebFOCUS 8.0.08
Solaris
HTML, PDF, XLS, CSV
June 25, 2014, 07:08 PM
Anatess
I'm thinking you can do this:

Have a hidden dropdown that is chained to the first dropdown that will hold the ID. I'm assuming you'll have only one Name value for every ID value, so your hidden dropdown will always return one value only that will be the ID for the Name selected on the first dropdown.

WF 8.1.05 Windows
June 25, 2014, 08:24 PM
Suzy
I have tried that as well, the first one is populating, but the others are not:

<SELECT id=NAME name=NAME ibic_server="EDASERVE" ibiapp_app="commonprocedures" sourcetype="typeFex" datasource="first.fex" datatype="1" displayfield cacheruntimedata="0" operation addalloption="1" dynalldisplayvalue="ALL" newchainnumber="0" chainnumber="0" inchainindex="1" expression="="></SELECT>

<SELECT id=ID name=ID ibic_server="EDASERVE" ibiapp_app="commonprocedures" sourcetype="typeFex" datasource="second.fex" datatype="1" displayfield cacheruntimedata="0" operation addalloption="1" dynalldisplayvalue="ALL" newchainnumber="0" chainnumber="0" inchainindex="2" expression="=" attvariables="NAME;"></SELECT> 

<SELECT id=NUMBER name=NUMBER ibic_server="EDASERVE" ibiapp_app="commonprocedures" sourcetype="typeFex" datasource="third.fex" datatype="1" displayfield cacheruntimedata="0" operation addalloption="1" dynalldisplayvalue="ALL" newchainnumber="0" chainnumber="0" inchainindex="3" expression="=" attvariables="NAME;ID;"></SELECT> 

<SCRIPT id=IBI_ChainScript type=text/javascript>
<!--
window.chain0=new Array(1);
window.chain0[0]=new String("NAME;ID;NUMBER");
window.chain0[1]=0
//--></SCRIPT>

WebFOCUS 8.0.08
Solaris
HTML, PDF, XLS, CSV