Focal Point
[SOLVED] form letter

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/510106284

July 07, 2010, 01:41 PM
Jeremey
[SOLVED] form letter
Good day,

I am looking for some advise on how to create a form letter that contains conditional sentences.

I have searched and saw where people said to put the text in the page header so I have done so. However, I am having issues with formatting it as isentences tend to fall off the page, so I just hit return and continued the sentence on the next line. Is this the proper way to do so, or have I missed something in the options? I have changed margins to .25 and told it to wrap.

For conditional sentences I have this:

IF YAGPA GT 0 THEN "You will also receive a lump sum in the amount of
But I receieve a parsing error when trying to run. Is it possible to put "If" statemnts in the page header? Should I put the text into a DEFINE variable and put the variable in the THEN section?

Thanks in advance for your advise.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Webfocus 7.6
as/400
PDF, Excel
July 07, 2010, 01:46 PM
RSquared
One way of creating this type of From Letter is by creatin Text lines that will then print.
EG>

TEXT_1/A80=IF YAGPA GT 0 THEN 'You will also receive a lump sum in the amount of ' ELSE 'whatever';

Then in your Table File
PRINT LINE_1 etc.

WF 7.6.11
Oracle
WebSphere
Windows NT-5.2 x86 32bit
July 08, 2010, 06:56 AM
GamP
In a page heading you can only use text or fields.
So, indeed, create a defined field that holds your conditional text, and use that defined field in the heading of your request.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988
July 08, 2010, 11:54 AM
Jeremey
Thanks for the info! That is exactly what I needed to know.

Webfocus 7.6
as/400
PDF, Excel