Focal Point
[CLOSED] Flaky behavior in BIP version 8.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5107011376

October 15, 2014, 03:57 PM
Kris
[CLOSED] Flaky behavior in BIP version 8.
We are in the process of moving our reports from 7.6 to version 8.0.0.8. After we have remediated our reports and moved them into qa for testing in the BIP, we have noticed that the BIP interface is extremely sensitive. When you click on an HTML file to run, it will often times move the report to another location. It warns you in a very quick pop-up, but does not give you the opportunity to stop it. Entire folders have been moved simply while trying to open the navigation tree. Has anyone experienced this problem? Shouldn't it at least ask if you want the folder or file moved before it does it? Getting a "Cut, Copy, Move" message which just as quickly disappears as it appears is not sufficient.

Thanks,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Linux/windows
October 15, 2014, 04:57 PM
Francis Mariani
quote:
Entire folders have been moved simply while trying to open the navigation tree
We just discovered the problem yesterday. It was noticed by one of my colleagues who was working at home via VPN. The network connection was slow so he saw it in action. For most of us, it's too fast to notice, and then you wonder where the folder went.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
October 16, 2014, 09:16 AM
Jaywill
We opened a new feature request because we experienced a lot of accidentally moved objects.

WF 8.0.08 ... Windows Server 2008
October 16, 2014, 09:19 AM
Francis Mariani
I wonder what this "new feature" is...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
October 16, 2014, 10:20 AM
WendyB
I requested a new feature: Please ask before you move/cut/copy. A minor help to the situation currently; hit CNTRL Z and it will ask you if you are sure you want to put it back.