Focal Point
[TIP] Adding a conditional join to a reporting object

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5137093516

January 13, 2012, 10:33 AM
Todd_Wallace
[TIP] Adding a conditional join to a reporting object
Thought I would share this tip on reporting objects. When creating a conditional join I usually go into the code and type it out, which is how I learned how to do it originally. But if you are creating a Reporting Object for an Info Assist user, you cannot easily get into the join code of the object to edit it. I tried copying out the fex altering it in notepad and could not copy it back in. I tried going to the server and copying the actual .fex file in over the original fex through Windows and it blew up the Reporting Object. So I fought with the GUI until I got frustrated and almost gave up. After clicking on the Joining table, the Joined table and everything in between I literally had to click in between for the filter icon to become active. For some of you that learned on the GUI it may seem straightforward but for those of us who learned outside the Join interface hopefully it will save you a minor headache.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows-iSeries DB2, All Outputs
HTML
January 18, 2012, 11:54 AM
Kerry
Hi Todd,

Thank you so much for sharing the tip with all. I am wondering, by any chance, do you have code and/or screenshots of what you do in this tip? If so, would you mind to send it to me? Maybe I can add this tip to our tips and techniques collection for reference.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.