Focal Point
Running a .fex to log user activity on MRE.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5161017442

August 31, 2007, 09:22 AM
Jason K.
Running a .fex to log user activity on MRE.
I've modified my _site_profile setting in my webfocus admin console to -INCLUDE MRE_Log.fex which does a simple SQL ODBC insert statement.

The problem that I have with doing this, is that whenever a user goes to modify anything in the EDASERVE environment, they get a messagebox of 'ROWS AFFECTED BY PASSTHRU COMMAND : 1/INSERT' which is the output of the SQL command.

Is there any way to stop this output? Like if I wanted to set up my fex to have absolutely no feedback to the user, suppressing all output.

Thanks!

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.
September 04, 2007, 08:44 AM
jgelona
This is what I use in Oracle:

SQL SET PASSRECS OFF

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.
September 04, 2007, 09:50 AM
Francis Mariani
The command should work for DB2 as well.

quote:
SQL [target_db] SET PASSRECS {OFF|ON}

where:
target_db - Indicates the target RDBMS. Valid values are DB2 or SQLDS. Omit if you previously
issued the SET SQLENGINE command.

OFF - Is the default. As in previous releases, the Interface provides no information as to the
number of records affected by a successfully executed Direct SQL Passthru UPDATE or
DELETE command.
ON - Provides the following FOCUS message after the successful execution of a Direct SQL
Passthru UPDATE or DELETE command:
(FOC1364) ROWS AFFECTED BY PASSTHRU COMMAND: #/operation

I found the above information in "FOCUS for S/390 - DB2 and SQL/DS Read/Write Interface User’s Manual - Version 7.0". It appears the OFF/ON default is reversed for WebFOCUS.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server