Focal Point
[Solved] HTML Help

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/517101242

September 17, 2009, 10:10 AM
Dgraff
[Solved] HTML Help
I currently have an HTML screen that contains 2 combo boxes that are chained first one is Data Type which contains Monthly, Quarterly and Rolling 12. Second box contains Period ending Date. If Monthly is selected only Month ending dates are displayed. If Quarterly is Selected only Quarter ending Dates are displayed. If Rolling 12 is selected only Quarter ending dates are displayed. (data is actually quarterly anualized but they call it Rolling 12).

Client now wants to add a Compare To box that would be or should be chained to Data Type in a manner such as: If Monthly is selected then display choices ('Last Month', 'Last 6 Months', or 'Same Month Last Year')

Question is can I Chain 2 different boxes to the same Box as the Primary. In other words have a 1 to 2 relationship with the same 1 in both. If so how and any one have some sample code.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dgraff,

Duane

WebFOCUS 8.0.7
DS 8.0.7 AS 8.0.7
Windows
Output: Excel, HTML, PDF, AHTML,Mobile
In Focus 1982
September 17, 2009, 10:55 AM
GamP
From your description I think to conclude that you have the chaining done by means of fexes.
You could then create a third fex that gives you the compare to values. Bind the fex to the third control.
And chain the controls as '1 goes to 2 goes to 3'. Your third fex would then be executed for changes in box 1 as well as box 2, but since it only looks at the parameter from box 1 that can do no harm.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988
September 17, 2009, 12:21 PM
Dgraff
Thanks GamP your sugestion and that of a co-worker gave me enough information to solve this problem. Before I was trying to make Period ending date the 2 in a 1 2 3 chain and it was populating 60 entries for each of the compare to values. when I made Compare To the second value it all came together. Thanks Agasin

Duane

WebFOCUS 8.0.7
DS 8.0.7 AS 8.0.7
Windows
Output: Excel, HTML, PDF, AHTML,Mobile
In Focus 1982