Focal Point
how to execute html files??

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5181042422

April 19, 2007, 05:59 PM
Usernani
how to execute html files??
on drill down we can execute procedures ( but it shows only the files with .fex extention). can we also execute files with htm extension.
Thanks.
April 19, 2007, 06:30 PM
Darin Lee
Sure. When you create the drilldown, you can execute procedure, select URL, select URL from field, execute Javascript, or one of several Maintain options. This is selected from the "Drilldown Type" dropdown box in the GUI.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
April 20, 2007, 10:57 AM
Usernani
yeah it does offer options to select URL, Javascript, procedure, but no options to select files with htm extention.
April 20, 2007, 11:13 AM
Darin Lee
when you select the URL option, you specify the file with the .HTM as part of the URL

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
April 20, 2007, 02:51 PM
Usernani
Thanks Darin, it works now, I can execute the htm files from drill now. But I cannot pass on the parameters from drill down. Can you pelase suggest anything?
April 23, 2007, 06:56 AM
Lucas
Not really sure is this will help you but I will toss it out.

On your drill down wrap it in an anchor tag and send the paramater's using JavaScript.

Example........
{a href='java_script:getReportOpen[\""+yourValue_1+"\", \"" +yourValue_2+"\")'>DrillDownLinnk

In the heading put this.

<script>
function getReportOpen(Arg1, Arg2)
{
window.location = "mylinkedPage.htm?value1=" +Arg1+ "&value2=" +Arg2;
}

Edit: I had to break my tag so you could see the code.......Now someone needs to show my how to post code without having to break it just to get it to display.......... Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lucas,

7.6.6 Mainframe
7.6.4 Web Focus
Windows

April 23, 2007, 12:19 PM
Darin Lee
Lucas - there is a little button (top, far right) that looks like that includes
 [CODE] and 
[/CODE] tags that you can post code between.

Back to the main question, can you clarify what you are try to accomplish by passing parameters to a .HTM file? Lucas' suggestion might work as well, but the GUI does allow parameters to be passed to a URL. You can add parameters like your normally would for a fex, then change the drilldown type to URL. It changes the last character in the URL to a ? indicating that parms are to follow, then includes the named pairs e.g. (COUNTRY=N1). Notice that you can also use "URL from field" meaning that you can define a field to contains the contents of your URL with all necessary parms, and then use that field as your URL. This would probably be your best bet, because it lets you dynamically build the URL (in a defined field) to contains whatever code you need.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Darin Lee,

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
April 24, 2007, 06:56 AM
Lucas
Thanks for the tip on how to insert code in post! Big Grin

7.6.6 Mainframe
7.6.4 Web Focus
Windows

April 25, 2007, 02:26 AM
Tony A
You could simply have a drill down fex and include your HTML between -HTMLFORM BEGIN and -HTMLFORM END. Then then variables that you pass would be available within your HTML as !IBI.AMP.[variable name][b];[/].

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10