Focal Point
[CASE-OPEN]Maintain iSeries - Adding a record

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5197014766

February 20, 2014, 11:32 AM
Jay Potter
[CASE-OPEN]Maintain iSeries - Adding a record
I am getting the following error when trying to add a record via Maintain.

(FOC1400) SQLCODE IS -7008 (HEX: FFFFE4A0)
: [55019] MANTI00056 in MANTIS not valid for operation.
(FOC1740) EXECUTE ERROR : MANTIS_MYAGNE_STORE_EVENTS

This is the first time that I have tried it in Maintain. I got this error or a similair one when I tried adding a record via WebFocus via SQL Editor. I had to add "WITH NONE" at the end of the statement because I was using a DB2 table.

ENGINE DB2 SET DEFAULT_CONNECTION ISERIES
SQL DB2
INSERT INTO ibdata.ibusage (IBUSRPRF,IBTYPE,IBDESC) VALUES('&IBUSRPRF','&IBTYPE','&IBDESC') WITH NONE;
COMMIT;
END

Is there something similair that I have to add to the end of my Maintain statement?

Case AddEventCase
Include mantis_myagne_store_events_add.MANTIS_MYAGNE_STORE_EVENTS.EVENT_ID ;
EndCase

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jay Potter,

WebFocus 8.1.5
iSeries/Windows
DB2/SQL/Access
Dev Studio
App Studio
Maintain
ReportCaster
February 24, 2014, 02:40 AM
Rifaz
Hi Jay,

Check "SYS_MGR" in the manual.

Give a try
 compute datains/i8;
compute SQLINS/A1000="INSERT INTO ibdata.ibusage (IBUSRPRF,IBTYPE) VALUES('123abc','superuser"') WITH NONE;
datains=sys_mgr.engine("DB2","SET DEFAULT_CONNECTION ISERIES");
datains=sys_mgr.engine("DB2",SQLINS);
datains=sys_mgr.engine("DB2","commmit"); 

Thanks,
Rifaz

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x
February 25, 2014, 10:38 AM
Maintain Wizard
Angie
Since you are not using a stack for the Include statement, I have to assume that all of the fields associated with this Master file have a value in the current area. It is possible that there is a MISSING issue with the data.

If you haven't already please open a case with Customer Support so we can walk you through the Include statement.

Mark
February 28, 2014, 10:28 AM
Jay Potter
I have made it part way. My problem is adding a record using a table with an auto-incremented index field. I have now been able to add a record to a non auto-incremented table. Support has tried to point me in the right direction, but I am still having problems. For now I am going to continue to work with the non auto incremented table to leanr more about Maintain. When I can add a record to an auto-incremted table I will update this ticket.

WebFocus 8.1.5
iSeries/Windows
DB2/SQL/Access
Dev Studio
App Studio
Maintain
ReportCaster
February 28, 2014, 10:48 AM
Maintain Wizard
Jay
When we perform an Include from a Maintain procedure, we always tell you to list the KEY field from the segment. Maintain requires a key field in order to do database operations and it is always the first of first couple of fields in the Master. The exact number is represented by the KEYS= statement in the Access file.

In the case of a file that has a FIELDTYPE=R, we can't list the first field because that automatically increments every time a record is included into the database. In that case, we tell you to omit that field from the Include command and just list the other fields from that segment / file.

Here is the online documentation that I found and an example:

http://documentation.informati..._snf_520/10snf10.htm

Let me know if you have any questions.

Mark