Focal Point
[CLOSED] Migration from WebFocus 7.1 to 7.6 in Unix box

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/520108702

August 12, 2009, 08:20 PM
BhanuPrakash
[CLOSED] Migration from WebFocus 7.1 to 7.6 in Unix box
Hi

I am new to Migration Process. Please let me know what what are the steps we need to follow for the migration process in unix box.

Thanks
Bhanu

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFocus 7.6.4
All Outputs
August 13, 2009, 09:20 AM
GinnyJakes
Bhanu,

The installation guide should give you all the information you need to do a migration. In addition, for some releases there are supplemental migration documents that you should look at.

Also read the Summary of New Features document from cover to cover.

Remember migrations not only include migration of the software and configuration pieces which the installation guide will walk you through but also includes product behaviour changes. That is what the SofNF will tell you.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
August 13, 2009, 10:17 AM
BhanuPrakash
Ginny
I am reading installation manual also .meantime i want to know just overview like what are the files we need to copy from old version to new version like that.

Thanks
Bhanu

WebFocus 7.6.4
All Outputs
August 13, 2009, 11:37 AM
Darin Lee
In my opinion, there is no "overview." Having just gone through a migration to 7.6.9 on Linux, the process is complicated and just "copying over some files" will get you in a lot of trouble. The only files that you can really "copy over" are those in your application directories and even then those may require additional changes (like if you change connection names.)

I would do as Ginny suggests and stick with the installation guide. Go through EVERY section in it and follow the steps completely and you should be OK. Taking shortcust will only cause you grief (and wasted time.)

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat