Focal Point
[CASE-OPENED]Active HTML scripting error

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5217032386

July 28, 2016, 08:17 AM
Ramya
[CASE-OPENED]Active HTML scripting error
None of the functionalities(filter, sorting) in my AHTML report works. I am running on IE9. It gives me the following error

Object doesn't support property or method 'stopPropogation'.

If I am correct this error message is because of the browser compatibility but I am unable to find a fix for it. If someone can tell me where can we find the respective .js file, I'll try modifying it.

Thanks,
Ramya
WebFocus 8105, All Formats, Javascript

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,
July 28, 2016, 09:57 AM
Squatch
The method should be "stopPropagation". I am assuming you typed it incorrectly.

Here is a link that might help:

Internet explorer says Object doesn't support this property or method

If there is an HTML element with an ID name that is the same as a JavaScript variable name, this error can occur.

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs
July 29, 2016, 02:22 AM
Ramya
quote:
an HTML element with an ID name that is the same as a JavaScript variable name, this

Hi Squatch,

Its a direct fex file I am trying to run in AHTML format and it does not include any variables. Its a plain SQL query I am trying to run. The report is returning with data and when I hover the mouse to any functions like 'filter' or 'sort', it returns me that error.

Thanks,
Ramya
WebFocus 8105, All Formats, Javascript
July 29, 2016, 08:11 AM
Squatch
Does it work in Chrome or Firefox browsers?

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs
July 29, 2016, 09:03 AM
Ramya
I made my default browser as chrome and still result returns in IE. Can you pleas tell me where should I set the webfocus to run in chrome

Thanks,
Ramya
WebFocus 8105,All formats,Javascript
July 29, 2016, 09:40 AM
Squatch
If you are using App Studio, click on the "AS" menu choice in the upper left corner, then click "Options..." at the bottom of the menu.

Then click "Output Viewer Settings" and select the browser you want under "Browser Setup".

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs
July 29, 2016, 09:48 AM
Ramya
quote:
click "Output Viewer Settings" and select the browser you want under "Browser Setup

Its developer studio and as far as I have explored, I got to see the option "output viewer settings" under windows--> options, but there is only one option 'use internet explorer'. If we either check or uncheck that option, it opens up in IE only

Thanks,
Ramya
WebFocus 8105,All Formats,Javascript

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ramya,
July 29, 2016, 10:15 AM
Squatch
Can you run it from the IBI portal?

h t t p://your_server_name/ibi_apps

(No spaces between http... had to do that so it wouldn't appear as a real hyperlink.)

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs
August 01, 2016, 06:26 AM
Ramya
Yes Squatch. I am able to run it from IBI portal. And I tried to run the same from App studio in chrome. Both works perfect as expected. For run it from Dev studio, I have opened a case.

Thanks,
Ramya
WebFocus 8105,All Formats,Javascript