Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Vertical Data Values in a Bar Graph

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Vertical Data Values in a Bar Graph
 Login/Join

<VChris>
posted
Does anyone have sample code to flip the data values inside a bar from horizaontal to vertical?

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
There is a method to rotate the angle of data values called setTextRotation (IdentObj id, int newValue);, where IdentObj id is the text object which would be rotated, in this case getDataText(). Values for int newValue range from 0 to 2, where 0 is horizontal text rotation, 1 is vertical bottom-to-top and 2 is vertical top-to-bottom.

Here is the sample code:

setDisplay(getDataText(),true);
setTextRotation(getDataText(),2);

You can also control the position of data text relative to the bar with the following method setDataTextFormatPattern (int newValue); , where newValue ranges from 0 to 5; 0 is custom position defined by angle and radius methods (setDataTextAngleDefault(int newValue); and setDataTextRadiusDefault(int newValue); ), 1 is above risers, 2 is Center on riser top edge, 3 is below riser top edge, 4 is center of riser, and 5 is Base of riser.

Note that for custom positioning, there is also a way to set Angle and Radius for individual series using setDataTextAngle (int seriesID, int groupID, int newValue); and setDataTextRadius (int seriesID, int groupID, int newValue);

Vicky Lozovsky
WebFOCUS Product Implementation Team

<VChris>
posted
Thanks, that worked great until I got to a graph were I'm using setDataTextFormat(1)which seems to override the [B}setDisplay(getDataText(),true); setTextRotation(getDataText(),2);[/B]

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi,
setDataTextFormat(n); is used to select one of the preset data text formats. It should not override Text Rotation method (setTextRotation(getDataText(),n);).

I worked with an example where I used setDataTextFormat(1); along with (setTextRotation(getDataText(),2); and was able to rotate Data Values vertically. Perhaps there are some other settings that are interfering with these methods? If you are still having problems, you can contact me directly at Vicky_Lozovsky@ibi.com and I can look at your GRAPH request closer to make any further suggestions.

Also I forgot to mention earlier that you can also rotate Data Values on a 45 degree angle using setTextRotation(getDataText(),3);.

Vicky Lozovsky
WebFOCUS Product Implementation Team

posted Hide Post
hello... I tried the same thing.... I have 2 bars on my graph... when I added setdatatextformat(n) it overrode my second bar rotation. When I comment the new line out my second bar rotation returns....

Version of Webfocus = 766
Platform = Windows
wish to use all possible output formats.