Focal Point
[CLOSED] EDA 43 Copy Manager Server: Where is the source database configuration info?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5277035276

September 05, 2014, 12:06 PM
gcarterIT
[CLOSED] EDA 43 Copy Manager Server: Where is the source database configuration info?
I'm using EDA 43 Copy Manager Server which I realize is a fairly old version. What I want to do is determine how the EDA Server is configured to talk to the database server it's pointing to.

In particular,I'm trying to find the database server name and the database name, that Copy Manager is extracting data from.. I've looked at the settings and configurations referred to in these two places:

Copy Manager
Workspace Manager Web Console

But I don't see what I need. If it is in one (or both) of these places, where should I be looking? If it isn't in either place, where else might I find this information?

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs
September 09, 2014, 05:19 PM
<Kathryn Henning>
Hi gcarterIT,

Documentation for EDA release 43 Copy Manager configuration files can be found at:

Configuration File Reference

For the pages that don't have links, you can use the gray buttons at the top right of each page to navigate forward and backward.

If the configuration files don't yield the information that you're looking for, the Copy Manager log files may.

Cheers!

Kathryn
September 10, 2014, 09:02 AM
gcarterIT
Thanks Kathryn, I'll take a look at your reference.

I looked at some documentation from the previous user. She made reference to communicating to the iWay Server which I believe is on the mainframe that Copy Manager is using for its source of data. So I figure somewhere there is a profile or configuration file that indicates how the Copy Manager server is connected to the iWay server. I think that will anwser my ultimate question.

Any comments?

Thanks again.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs
September 10, 2014, 10:14 AM
Clif
"Fairly old" is a bit of an understatement. The last Copy Manager release was 4.3.6 which was functionally stabilized in September 2004.

However some things never change. Database connection strings are are generally found in your server profile edasprof.prf (although they could also be set in a user profile or a stored procedure). Look in your conf/etc directory for a line starting SQL engine SET ...

If the data source is on a sub-server look ath the profile there.

N/A