Focal Point
[solved]strange portal behaviour

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5287081876

September 02, 2015, 10:36 AM
WFDevConsultant
[solved]strange portal behaviour
I am using my userid to do the changes on the portal but when I try to run the portal using my id it is not showing all the changes I did. But If I use other userid, everything shows.

I see this strange behaviour for a while. And also, sometimes it shows blank white page for some user.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WFDevConsultant,

Windows, All Formats
September 02, 2015, 10:42 AM
Francis Mariani
Just another bug in the system. The work-around apparently is:

Select the Portal, right-click and select "Remove Customizations".

Why there are customizations when we have to remove them to make BIP work properly is anybody's guess.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
September 02, 2015, 10:59 AM
WFDevConsultant
Thanks Francis. That did the trick.

Windows, All Formats
September 02, 2015, 12:41 PM
SWES
Francis, do you know if this is in WF 8 only or is it already in WF 7 with a different name? This because in WF 7 I always need to re-assign all the users one-by-one to the same view when I change something like adding or removing a tab on the portal before users get to see it...

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows 7, All Outputs

Member of the Benelux Usergroup
September 02, 2015, 01:38 PM
Francis Mariani
In WF8 we're talking about B.I. Portal, completely different for WF 7 B.I. Dashboard, and yes, we've had to do that.

Incidentally, I have a feeling if you use the default B.I. Portal page and select the portal from the Explorer tree to edit it, this works better than if you use the Portal link from a portal (if you catch my drift!).

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
September 02, 2015, 02:31 PM
CoolGuy
In 8.2, users will be able to remove customizations while in the portal. Personally, the ability to have customizations shouldn't have been implemented until the users could remove them from the portals.

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.