Focal Point
DSTRUN issue

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5291042922

May 23, 2007, 05:31 PM
Shyam NN
DSTRUN issue
WebFocus 7.1.4:

We have EDA server running in z/OS 1.7
Client and Reportcaster in SOLARIS box.

We modified the JDBC URL in Reportcaster to take the repository tables from 10g Oracle instead of 8i Oracle.

After that we lost the ability to trigger the jobs from DSTRUN.

The owner of the job, schedule id everything exists on the new tables. (Basically it was a full copy of 8i oracle tables into 10g).

Any one has idea on what other changes to be done on client side to make the DSTRUN call from z/OS to connect to the Reportcaster?

Any user ids has to be recreated?

Thanks,
Shyam

Tata Consultancy Services
May 23, 2007, 05:54 PM
Leah
Not my area of expertise, but when we went from a 4.3 version to a 5.x version of Report Caster, we had to touch all the caster jobs to get the appropriate password set again or reset as the case may be.

Leah
May 25, 2007, 12:30 PM
Darin Lee
did you just copy the tables of did you migrate them as suggested in the ReportCaster documentation. Any time you change the RC repository location it would be best to migrate the tables using the utilities included with the product. Otherwise, no guarantees. I would guess, as Leah suggests, that it's a security thing with a missing/bad password.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
June 12, 2007, 10:48 AM
<Barry>
I had a problem with DSTRUN where the url that was used to get to dstrunnow servlet and the program failed without any errors and there is a way to correct the url by the following syntax for the DSTRUN Command:

client machine: port number/customized path/ibi_apps:customized path/rcaster';

Hope this helps
June 12, 2007, 01:20 PM
Shyam NN
Barry,

Sorry.I don't understand what changes to be done.

Are you suggesting to change the DSTRUN Call where we mention the webfocus client server name and port number?

Can you be more specific?

We access MRE using URL:

http://livdsweb2.aig.com:40090/ibi_html/workbnch/mrlogon.htm

Tata Consultancy Services