Focal Point
WF Maintain -- Amper Variables Not Welcome In EDASPROF with call to MNTCON?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/530108552

October 02, 2009, 11:27 AM
John_Edwards
WF Maintain -- Amper Variables Not Welcome In EDASPROF with call to MNTCON?
It appears that the logic I have in my server profile fails when a call is made to a Maintain screen via MNTCON. In particular, my inclusion of the amper-variable &IBIMR_domain crashes the profile run. Please note that it works just fine for report calls -- the variable is being passed correctly.

Is there something I need to do differently to allow Maintain to run the profile like a report would? I kind of need amper-vars to be in the mix for this.

J.

October 02, 2009, 11:41 AM
Lusheng
We use user profile to create a temporary focus file, and load all personal profile information as well as variable contents into this focus file. Then Maintain get all required user related information from this temp focus file.

Hope this helps.
October 02, 2009, 11:45 AM
John_Edwards
That's not my goal. I have the ampers passing into the Maintain with no trouble.

I want to make access decisions in the profile (originally I had it in a separate focexec that the client ran via _site_profile where the same problem occurred) and need to perform an IF statement on the incoming domain name.

J.

October 02, 2009, 02:21 PM
Maintain Wizard
John
Please post the code that is causing the problem. Either that or open a case with the Help Desk and we can take a look.

Mark
October 02, 2009, 04:13 PM
John_Edwards
This is the code --

-IF &IBIMR_domain CONTAINS 'mdp' THEN GOTO SETCNCT;
-IF &IBIMR_domain CONTAINS 'madap' THEN GOTO SETCNCT;

-SET &ECHO=OFF;

-GOTO SKIPCNCT;
-SETCNCT
-TYPE MADAP Connection Established.
-SET &ECHO=OFF;
ENGINE SQLMSS SET CONNECTION_ATTRIBUTES MADAP aixxxx\madapxxx/madxxxxx,xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;madapxxxx
-GOTO THEEND
-SKIPCNCT
-TYPE MADAP Connection Not Established.
-THEEND

I've tried it in the _site_profile on the client and in the edasprof on the server. Maintain seems to ignore the _site_profile and throws an error in the edasprof. From the log --

10/02/2009 15:38:28 0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 16 IN PROCEDURE 'EDASPROF EDAPROF'
10/02/2009 15:38:28 (FOC295) A VALUE IS MISSING FOR: &&IBIMR_domain
10/02/2009 15:38:28 request by t3rp5856 to notify disconnect of sesid=36

As you can see above I have tried it as a global variable, but also as a local. It does not seem to be recognized when Maintain is run. When a FOCUS call is made, a smoothy-silky run occurs.

Very curious.

J.

October 05, 2009, 08:16 AM
Maintain Wizard
John
When you are running a Maintain application that uses forms it is not like running a Table. If you want to get external values into the application you either have to pass them in or read them in. In some cases this can be done with the following syntax:

Compute value/a10 = IWC.GetAppCGIValue("FieldName");

Where FieldName is the name of the variable that you are passing in. This can read values from the cookies or that are passed.

Mark
October 05, 2009, 09:26 AM
John_Edwards

Again, that's not the nature of the problem. I have my amper-variables in Maintain running just fine.

I need to ampers to function in the edasprof or in my _site_profile so that I can set appropriate connection strings for the run. It's to secure the data. Maintain does not seem to use these files the same way that FOCUS calls do.

When I make a MNTCON call the edasprof is not executing properly.

J.

October 05, 2009, 11:24 AM
Maintain Wizard
The best thing to do is to open a case and get the repro to the Help Desk. The EDASPROF should kick off when you run the application is run.

Mark