Focal Point
Report Caster Failure on HTMLTABLE Report [CLOSED]

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5327095576

April 14, 2015, 12:35 PM
Luke Forster
Report Caster Failure on HTMLTABLE Report [CLOSED]
I am having an issue where my report caster job is failing with the following error message.

Task error: UNABLE TO OPEN FILE CARDWH_DAILY SPECIFIED BY WEBFOCUS TABLE

I am guessing this is because this particular report has no records associated with it. As this is a daily report that runs for 4 different vendors, it is possible that a particular vendor will not have any records on a given day but i still need it to send out the other 3 vendor reports. When I run the procedure manually it works perfect but I cant seem to get it to send out the schedule. Ultinately I am fine if it either sends out nothing for vendors with 0 records or a message box indicating that the particular vendor has no records but I am not sure how I would go about doing either of those options.

Thanks,

-Luke

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Luke Forster,

Web Focus 8105
Windows 7
April 14, 2015, 01:45 PM
Doug
Have you considered the use of SET EMPTYREPORT ON within your report fex? This will always provide you with 4 reports and alleviate your problem, if the issue is, in fact, no records for a given report.

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206
April 14, 2015, 01:55 PM
dcorp
Another option is to check &LINES = 0 on the report file created. You can branch to a routine when no records exist and create a separate "Zero Records to Report" custom report for the vendor.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05/PMF 8.1.4,Tomcat,IIS,Windows/iseries,sql server 2008,Excel/ PDF/HTML
April 14, 2015, 02:57 PM
Luke Forster
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
Have you considered the use of SET EMPTYREPORT ON within your report fex? This will always provide you with 4 reports and alleviate your problem, if the issue is, in fact, no records for a given report.

I didnt know that was an option, this works perfectly.

Thanks,

-Luke

Web Focus 8105
Windows 7
April 14, 2015, 03:02 PM
Luke Forster
quote:
Originally posted by dcorp:
Another option is to check &LINES = 0 on the report file created. You can branch to a routine when no records exist and create a separate "Zero Records to Report" custom report for the vendor.

I hadn't though of this and it would provide a cleaner final product than the Set EMPTYREPORT = ON. That said what i am currently building is more of a short term thing so Doug's solution is an easier change.

Thanks,

-Luke

Web Focus 8105
Windows 7