Focal Point
[SOLVED] Where is the IBFS:/WFC Directory

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5367024276

August 29, 2014, 08:55 AM
J.Hines
[SOLVED] Where is the IBFS:/WFC Directory
This shouldn't be this hard to find, but I've searched Google and the help docs, as well as browsing all over the WF8 directory structure for the IBFS:/WFC/Repository folder, and I still can't find it. Does anybody know what this alias maps to on the actual file system?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J.Hines,

Prod: 8.2.0.4 OS:Windows 10 Output:AHTML, Excel 2007+

The life of a designer is a life of fight against the ugliness.
August 29, 2014, 10:50 AM
David Briars
Repository data is stored within a relational database.

When you do things like view the properties of a repository 'file' you'll see familiar hierarchical path/folder/file nomenclature. However, the actual data isn't stored within a file structure, that you could see in Windows Explorer (if you are on Windows).

Pilot: WebFOCUS 8.2.06 Test: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Prod: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Server: Windows Server 2016/Tomcat Standalone Workstation: Windows 10/IE11+Edge Database: Oracle 12c, Netezza, & MS SQL Server 2019 Output: AHTML/XLSX/HTML/PDF/JSCHART Tools: WFDS, Repository Content, BI Portal Designer & ReportCaster
August 29, 2014, 10:57 AM
J.Hines
Hm, interesting. My reason for asking was that I had some stub procedures in the Content area that I needed to copy to a WF7 environment. I just wanted to do it without going through the steps of opening up and switching between multiple versions of Dev Studio, but it sounds like that's what I gotta do for now.

When we're on WF 8 in all environments, then I'll just use Change Management.

Thanks.

Prod: 8.2.0.4 OS:Windows 10 Output:AHTML, Excel 2007+

The life of a designer is a life of fight against the ugliness.
August 29, 2014, 11:17 AM
David Briars
As a developer, I have WebFOCUS Developer Studio; also we are a Windows shop.

In WFDS, I've been able to copy a file from the repository, and then paste it into a folder in Windows Explorer AOK.

I don't do this as part of a production system/cm, but to get a physical file copy of the repository file, it works fine.