Focal Point
[CLOSED] JUSTIFY Options

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/537109205

August 06, 2010, 08:43 AM
ColdWhiteMilk
[CLOSED] JUSTIFY Options
I know that I can set justify to "LEFT", "RIGHT", or "CENTER".

Is there a way to set a line to justify to "LEFT" and "RIGHT"?

Basically, I'm trying to create a straight line alignment of my text on both the left and right margin.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Production - 7.6.4
Sandbox - 7.6.4
August 06, 2010, 10:00 AM
atturhari
You can use <+0> spot marker to split up the line and justify the 1st item to left and 2nd item to right on the same line.

WF 7.7.02 on Windows 7
Teradata
HTML,PDF,EXCEL,AHTML
August 06, 2010, 11:53 AM
Darin Lee
What you are looking for is called full justification and there isn't such a thing in the WF tools right now, although it would be an excellent suggestion for a new feature request. I've always had to do it manually. That being said, I did a search for "full justify" and found a reference to this link. Good luck,

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
August 07, 2010, 06:11 PM
Doug
Yes, we can do that in WebFOCUS... That's one of my favoriate seven word sentences. However, it's in a HEADING with various options in the style sheet. Check out the use of type=heading, position, dimension, markup, and wrap... And the "FULL" tag in HTML.

You did not mention the output format, So, I picked PDF. Follow this link to see a sample.

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206
August 10, 2010, 12:15 PM
Darin Lee
Found a reference to this in the Quick Reference Guide. So you use MARKUP=ON and use the FULL tags around the desired text. Am I reading that correctly?

The sample looks like what is desired, but no sample code. I'll give it a try - thanks for bringing it to our attention Doug!

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat