Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] VBscript to resave EXL2K file and PPT file

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] VBscript to resave EXL2K file and PPT file
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
We have some clients still using excel 97 and PowerPoint 97, so we were asked to resave the reports with EXL2K format and PPT format generated from webfocus to 97 format. I have a vbs program (see the code below) to do the job. From webfocus, it calls the vbs program with source file and destination file as input arguments. It works well in Windows 20003 server with WebFOCUS 7.6.10 and Excel 2003 installed on the reporting server.

Now we want to move to Windows 2008 server with Webfocus 7.7.03 and Excel 2010 installed in the server, the code below does not work any more.

I have not worked on vbs for a while. I just started to check vba 2010 again, and it seems a lot of changes. Any help is appreciated.

Dim objArgs
Dim objWorkBook
Dim objExcel

Set objArgs = WScript.Arguments
Set objExcel = CreateObject("EXCEL.APPLICATION")
Set objWorkBook = objExcel.Workbooks.Open(objArgs(0))

objWorkBook.SaveAs objArgs(1),56
objWorkBook.Close True
Set objWorkBook = Nothing
Set objExcel = Nothing

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Posts: 118 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: June 12, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
This could be quite usefull.

Would posting this on a VBS forum get quicker results ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I guess the issue is related to the "Compatibility Checker" in excel 2010, and the program will hang and wait for user confirmation. I turned that feature off programmatically, and I executed the vbs program from dos command line, and it works now without any prompt.

However I try to execute the vbs program from focexec, it still does not work, just hanged there. I know my program is in APP Path.

This is the way I executed my vbs program from focexec, and this is the way that version 7.6.10 works, but not in version 7.7.03.

-DOS d:\ibi\apps\baseapp\ReSaveXLS.VBS &FILEFMT03 &FILEFMT97

Any ideas from IBI guys how to execute a .vbs program in the focexec in 7.7.03? I thought if it works in dos mode, it should work in focexec.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Are you able to run the code in the Interactive Agent Tool.

You can run this from the menu where WebFOCUS server is installed, or run edastart -t.

This way you can set up the env, and run the code, and see what happens.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
No. It does not work with interative agent tool either. It stopped recording in .t3o output file just after the line containing DOS command to execute .vbs program.

I also checked the agent in the Reporting Server console, and the agents are always running, and I executed the program a few times, eventually took down the Report Server. I guess it could be a WebFOCUS bug.

Expert
posted Hide Post
How about trying to call another DOS session using -DOS cmd /c d:\ibi\apps\baseapp\ReSaveXLS.VBS &FILEFMT03 &FILEFMT97

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I firmly believe this is a bug in WebFOCUS 7.7.03, and it has same issue to convert PowerPoint format. The same focexec call takes less than a second in DOS mode in Windows 2008 or in Webfocus 7.6.10, but it takes forever in WebFOCUS 7.7.03.