Focal Point
Freeware and Shareware for WebFOCUS

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5401036902

January 26, 2007, 07:00 AM
hammo1j
Freeware and Shareware for WebFOCUS
Alloah

This was me looking for something to automatically convert a COMT file to a master file?

Is there any facility where customers can share their solutions to general problems like this and mark them as Subject to various conditions?

If there isn't, I'm looking for an excuse to build a website and would like to try.

Of course I would like to clear this concept with IB and wonder what their policy on ideas like this.

Best regards

John

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo
January 26, 2007, 08:40 AM
RichH
Hi John,
I thought that was the point of Focal Point?
There is another board as well on Tech-Tips
http://www.tek-tips.com/threadminder.cfm?pid=243
Rich

WebFOCUS 8202 Win 2012
Test - WebFOCUS 8203 on Win 2012
January 26, 2007, 11:40 AM
mgrackin
At one point I had asked about creating a section on Focal Point to post useful code to share with others. I think I had asked MaryEllen about this when she was running the show.

Kerry, is there a way to create a section on Focal Point to post code to share with others?

As an example, I have a DEFINE FUNCTION I wrote that determines if a date is during DST or not. this could be useful to others.

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011
January 26, 2007, 12:01 PM
Kerry
Hi Mickey,

Thanks a lot for the suggestions.

I have suggested a FAQ section on this forum where we can recommend good topics, so Kathleen and I will be working on that part.

If you have good ideas and love to share with all, would you like to write it into an article? For these already know and who did not, we do have a section on the site where developers share their tips and techniques in using WebFOCUS: Focus on Developers. We are always looking for good ideas, tips, techniques, etc, please feel free to contact either Kathleen or me on that, any time. Smiler

Hope this helps all.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.