Focal Point
[Closed] How to Selectively Display HTML Forms

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/5407019395

November 18, 2010, 03:36 PM
Rick Man
[Closed] How to Selectively Display HTML Forms
Is there a way to either display different forms based on a selection or hide a field on a form?
So if the user selects Expenses from a drop a list I want to prompt for Pay Period (Drop down list), and Fiscal Year OR a date range.
If they select Budget I only want Fiscal Year OR a date range.

I can insure that only a fiscal year or a date range is entered using DM, but not sure how to display a different form. I could ignore the pay period if they selected budget bit thought it would be nicer to only display what needs to be input based on their selection.

Thanks, Rick

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rick Man,

Reporting Server 7.6.10
Dev. Studio 7.6.8
Windows NT
Excel, HTML, PDF
November 19, 2010, 07:55 AM
Tony A
Rick,

I would approach this using JavaScript.

Call a proc when the combo containing Expenses is changedand then check the "selectedIndex" value of the control and compare it to what "Expenses" would be (or just check the value). If the comparison is true then show or hide the other controls as necessary.

If you include the controls within a div then you can make them appear or disapper by changing the "block" or "visibility" attribute of the div.

Another method would be to chain the combos together and populate then accordingly?

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
November 19, 2010, 09:38 AM
Rick Man
Thanks Tony. Not being a JS programmer I'll ask around. That's kind of what I figured. Didn't see Layout Composer being able to handle it.

Reporting Server 7.6.10
Dev. Studio 7.6.8
Windows NT
Excel, HTML, PDF