Focal Point
[SHARING] Looking for Google Maps Examples

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/541107314

April 07, 2010, 10:34 AM
Dan Pinault
[SHARING] Looking for Google Maps Examples
Hi all,

I am looking for examples of a Google Maps application that uses a 'heat map' technique to plot data. Similar to the example shown here I want to use an overlay that has the polygons for State and / or Country. I don't need to go down to the Precinct level like the example but it's one of the best I've seen.

I don't know how the example in the link was created. I'm curious to see anything like it that was built using WebFOCUS with or without Flex.

Thanks in advance!

Dan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

7.7.05M/7.7.03 HF6 on Windows Server 2003 SP2 output to whatever is required.
April 30, 2010, 02:22 PM
Norb Eckert
Hi Dan,

That's a pretty cool web page. Obviously done in Flex/Flash. I've done some stuff plotting our pending delivery location data on Google pulling data using WebFocus. I didn't use the Google stuff that IB provides to do it though - just called WebFocus procedures to make the XML and then pushed it into the Google APIs to map it. I got very good results too.

Have you used the WebFocus Google stuff from the HTML Layout tool? I build all my pages from scratch as I think the the HTML Layout tool has a lot of extraneous code in it and I get confused. :-)
Norb

prod:7.6.9, win2k3 mre, caster, bid, devstudio 7.6.9